Date(s) - 19/10/2020 - 23/10/2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Casa Morgado Esporão Évora
5-day film-making course will take you through all the stages of making a short documentary about your work.
About the Event
Science Retreats and the Biodiversity Chair at the University of Évora are jointly organizing the third edition of course on Film Making.
A short teaser about the course is available here.
This 5-day film-making course will take you through all the stages of making a short documentary about your work. It includes:
– Documentary theory: what makes a good film? How to think about using film and video to promote your work. The language of film: Shot sizes, camera movement, and how to use them.
– Pre-production: Planning your film, researching content, organizing shoots. Understanding equipment, copyright, and permissions, story-boarding.
– Production: Shooting interviews, shooting additional material, getting good quality sound, lighting your interviews
– Post-production: Editing your film, boosting the color and audio of your film, best use of music, adding simple graphics, titles and web links.
– Promoting your film: Upload to Youtube, search engine optimization, social media, getting your film seen.
Each day will combine learning theory in the classroom, with practical, hands-on experience of filming techniques, and analyzing footage. Each participant will have the opportunity to be involved in every stage of the film-making process. They are invited to come prepared to make their own film on the course and will be taught all the stages to produce a finished film after 5 days.
No special requirements although we are expecting to recruit students or professionals with a commitment to communication.