Date(s) - 09/11/2019 - 22/11/2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Sociedade Harmonia Eborense
Exhibition by Bernardo Bagulho and José Palma
Eborense Harmony Society
Patent Exhibition until November 30, 2019.
(Latin album, -i, white, white spot, whiteboard for records, list)
1. a blank book for the collection of photographs, postcards, stamps, clippings, etc.
2. A blank book in which notes, small literary compositions are collected.
The Commission’s proposal is based on a number of guidelines, autographs, etc.
3. Book with many illustrations, usually accompanied by small text.
the (e.g. comic book).
4. Long-term musical work, recorded on a physical medium (CD, vinyl, etc.) o
5. History] White surface, board, wall, etc., where the edits were published.
those of the Roman Praetor.
“album”, in Dicionário Priberam da Língua Portuguesa [online], 2008-2013
Bernardo Bagulho is an artist and designer from Évora. He studied design there. His work is mainly focused on illustration and animation.
José Palma was born in Évora. He is currently studying architecture.
This exhibition is a series of stories told through animated masks made in full collaboration between Bernardo Bagulho and José Palma. The idea for this exhibition, made especially for this space, was born mainly from the desire to do work in full collaboration, from the blank sheet (in this case cardboards), fill this space full of story(s) with elements and amulets inspired in this place.
The mask is one of the most used motifs as an expression in the history, is associated with activities of celebration, fertility, dance, rhythm. They are used artifacts, with life that want to escape from the artificiality. They are objects of transmission of information.