Date(s) - 01/02/2020 - 31/12/2020
Exhibitions in 2020
Inaugurated on April 25, 2006, this equipment of the Municipality of Aljezur takes into account the factor that Cultural Tourism can also be defined as the meeting between two logics. One that develops the capacities of reception and stay, the other that values the contents, the learning of the natural place, the heritage and the men.
Throughout these 14 years, Espaço+ has permanently and systematically held and promoted cultural events (exhibitions, theatre, music, workshops, book presentations, lectures, cinema, etc.) not only in its own physical space but also in the whole area of the Council.
For the current year a set of exhibitions of the most varied aesthetic currents is planned.
Thus, in Espaço+, in rooms 1 and reading rooms starting this month and until the end of the year we will present the exhibitions
“Aljezur na História do Municipalismo Português séc. XIX – da Extinção à restauração- ” curated by José António Martins,
- Painting exhibition by Mary Byrde,
- Painting exhibition “Pela Paz, contra as Armas Nucleares”
- Painting exhibition by João Moniz,
- Photography exhibition “Lugares Sagrados: The Vats of Southern Portugal” by Luís Ferro,
- Painting exhibition “Series of the Absurd” by Tom Bund,
- Iron Sculptures exhibition by Carlos Oliveira,
- Photography exhibition “Landscapes and Not Only” by Paulo Viana,
- Retrospective painting exhibition by António Carmo,
- Photo-documental exhibition “Caricatures by Fernão Mendes Pinto,
- Tapestry exhibition by Zé Ventura
- Drawings exhibition from the collection of the Municipality of Aljezur by José Cercas.
- Works by the users of the Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Aljezur and the Unidade de Cuidados Continuados de Aljezur.